Fórum
Topic with no new replies

WWOOFer looking for work March 26 - April 16 due to last minute cancellation by host

Written on Mar 20 2012 00:02
CaraSipprelle
WWOOF User
Topic creator
Registered Since:
Jan 01 2012
Hi,
I am a 27 year old American WWOOFer who had a host booked from March 26 - April 16, but unfortunately just found out that they are no longer able to host me. I already have a plane ticket booked to Stockholm so would love to find a last minute host, if possible. I prefer places where I have the opportunity to do both gardening and work with animals. I particularly love dairy animals and can bring plenty of milking experience icon_smile.gif

I have been WWOOFing since September and have worked with cows, sheep, goats, horses, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, and rabbits doing tasks like feeding, mucking out, milking (cows and goats), calving, hoof care, vaccinations, herding (goats), some training (horses). I also have some garden and building experience. Happy to provide references from other WWOOF hosts if you would like.

If any hosts have room during this time period I would love to hear from you. Thanks for reading!
Cara
Written on Mar 22 2012 10:14
Holstenhof
WWOOF Host
Registered Since:
Oct 18 2011
We might be able to host you even though we're still not completely ready for the season. Our farm is in the very south of Sweden, about six hours drive from Stockholm or about 1 hour by plane. I don't know how long it would take by train. We can pick you up in Lund, Copenhagen, Malmö, Kristianstad, Hässleholm or Sturup if you wish. We will have another girl here too during the first two weeks of april (a 30 year old swedish journalist). We are still redecorating one of the guestrooms but I think we could be able to finish it in time if we hurry on a bit! icon_smile.gif Otherwise you could perhaps share the old guestroom with the other girl?
Let us know if you're interested!

Best regards

Sophie & Joachim at Holstenhof