Written on Nov 10 2011 20:46
My name is Maddy and I would love to WWOOF in Denmark this summer. I am an environmental studies major at Washington University in St. Louis and am from a suburb of Boston originally. By this summer I will be 21 years old and will have completed a semester-long study abroad program at the Danish Institute of Study Abroad in their Sustainability program.
I have never WWOOFed before, but I am extremely interested in organic farming and agricultural sustainability. I am a hard worker and quick learner and have experience working outdoors. I am fluent in English and will have completed one semester of Danish language. I also study architecture so I can assist in building projects.
Please let me know if you need any help! My schedule is flexible, but I am particularly interested in finding a semi-permanent location for the summer. I am happy to assist you! Let me know if you would like more information about myself.
Written on Jan 11 2012 08:31
you are very welcome here. Your profile fit very well to us.
If you could come in the spring it would be really great.
We have been DIS host when we lived in the city
Susanne og Anders
Below you find some general information about us:
What we offer
1. Nice food, mostly vegitarian. But also fish
2. Our own applejuice. Cold pressed and frozen. This keeps the taste the best.
3. Dried crispy apples
4. A nice room for you
5. Free wireless internet - you can use our computer if you don't bring one yourself
6. A nice forest close to the farm.
7. A beach within biking distance and bikes to use.
What we expect from you
1. That you do not smoke (Anders is allergic to smoke and perfumes)
2. That you participate in farm work and other work on the farm
3. That you participate in cooking and doing the dishes. You will have to cook yourself once a week per person.
4. That you clean your room before leaving.
5. That you are nice and sociable and not lazy
6. That you work minimum 4 hours per day in average
7. That you tell us immediately if you change plans,
Do not come if:
1. You have a depression or other mental problems. We are not professionals in these areas.
2. You are using drugs or have an alcohol problem
Please note that we have cats which are indoor sometimes - if you are very allergic to cats, it might not be a good idea for you to stay with us.
Check out our webpage for previous years activities:
www.susanneoganders.dk - kyse years - 2009-2011
Our adress and phone number are:
Kyse Overdrevs Vej 37
28 14 55 64 (Anders)
21 73 39 90 (Susanne)
How to get to our farm:
From københavn H take a train to Glumsø. We will pick you up there.
Please let us know the time the day before.
A third option is to go to Næstved and take bus 840R to Kyse. The bus goes every ½ hour.
If you are coming from Jylland or Fyn you shall get off the train in Slagelse and take bus 480R towards Næstved. Get off in Kyse. Send us an SMS when you are in the bus.
For train and bus times see www.rejseplanen.dk which has an english section.
Susanne og Anders
Description (taken from WWOOF.dk):
Organic farm with apple orchard.
Family style stay. Own bedroom. Tasty applejuice and dried apples.
Two adults of 53 and 64 years.
Our 16 ha organic farm is placed lovely next to a forest and 14 km from a beach. We grow grain on 13 ha and have apple orchard of 2 ha. We also have a vegetable garden and an old farmhouse ornamental garden.
We do not spray at all.
Work: Very varied. Tending the apple orchard, apple picking, weeding, sow grain and vegetables, maintenance of the farm, household work etc.
Accommodation: We have 4 guest rooms or you can stay in your own tent. Our food is mostly vegetarian. As we are allergic to smoke our house is non smoking.
Guests are welcome all year around. You can stay for longer periods as we agree. We have hosted many students and wwoofers before, so we are used to people living with us.
Public transport: 12 km from Næstved. Train from Copenhagen to Glumsø or Næstved (1 hour). Bus from train station – or we can pick you up at the train station.