Azula is a place, a project and the home of two families that share the same vision, to raise our children in a beautiful safe environment and to cultivate our land and ourselves to enjoy life fully.
Located on the south west coast of Portugal, only a 20 minutes drive to the beach, we aim to transform this previously grazed land into an abundant garden and forest, where we as humans and nature itself can thrive. So far, this process has come to transform ourselves, filling us with passion for what we are doing and giving us great joy. We want to share this experience with more people and make a real, strong positive change in our world.
By volunteering at Azula you will most likely enrol in one of the many projects going on at the farm such as gardening, building, designing, cooking, etc. and learn/develop a useful skill that will serve you later on. You will also eat healthy, organic food and share experiences with people from many walks of life and be part of the many activities that we organise weekly. We would like you to enjoy your time here as much as you can and leave this place inspired and energized to bring about a positive change to the place you go.
We ask the volunteers to work with us 5 hours a day, 5 days a week in exchange for food and accommodation. We have a volunteer area with dormitories, including mattresses & pillows, compost toilet & solar heated showers.
We would recommend the volunteers to bring:
- Work clothes: Which will get dirty, probably will never be the same again
- Warm clothes: For the evenings
- Warm sleeping bag: The nights can get quite chilly
- Sun hat: On the other side it can get very hot during the days
- Swimming suit: To enjoy our lakes
- Flashlight: Very important for the nights
- USB Stick: We love sharing our digital resources
- Towels: For showering and beaching
- Gardening gloves: If you prefer
- Notebook & pens: To write down some input you get during the work
- Beginnings Mind: Be open to learning from everyone present
- Snacks or personal comfort foods ect: Maybe your favorite coffee, tea and treats
We always welcome our Volunteers to join us on our music jams, permaculture FAQ sessions, open air movie nights, Yoga/Akro, Capoeira and pizza nights that we organise weekly.
When can you visit this host?