Oi! My name is Nicolas and I had a dream to create a beautiful place in nature, where family, friends and like-minded people could work together to create beautiful things.
This year this dream became reality and this place was born. It' is an old olive grove with a house in a nature reserve close to Odemira. The land and the olive trees need love and the house needs some restoration. Long term plan is to create a permaculture and be able to fully live off-grid. If you want to contribute to nature and help create a paradise, then you are more than welcome to join the team!
Questions and things you would like to know!
- Who lives at the farm, and who guides volunteers?
It is either me or somebody with the same skills and warm heart to provide an amazing experience and stay at our land.
- Description of the farm and of the different project, and possible future projects.
It's a 2 ha piece of nature in a valley, which we called "Vale Amado". There is a house that needs some work and there are 60 olive trees that need love. Furthermore there are many small and big projects to work on like, watermanagement, energy, vegetable garden, facilities etc. Depending on your skills, preferences and length of stay we create an action plan.
- How many hours are required, how is it organised? How many free days are there, and when?
In the summer we we work with the following schedule:
05.00-06.00: YOGA / MEDITATION / MORNING WALKS
06.00-07.00: BREAKFAST (optional)
08.30-08.45: WATER/COFFEE BREAK
10.15-10.30: WATER/COFFEE BREAK
13.00-~~~ : OFF-TIME
Saturday's and Sunday's are OFF-TIME
*In the fall/winter we start everything 1 hour later
- How are meals organised? Who cooks?
This is organised by the host, but we expect everyone to contribute where necessary. We can always use extra help organising the food. Preparing and eating food together is an important social activity we like to do in a mindful way.
- What kind of accommodation is provided, and where is it?
There are bunkbeds in the house and in there is a bell tent with single beds.
- What do WWOOFers need to bring (torch, sleeping bag, work gloves)?
Apart from the standard things like a towel, toothbrush, and soap, you would need to bring:
- sleeping bag
- working clothes and shoes, these could also be strong hiking clothes.
- sun protection: in the form of sunscreen, a hat or cap and sunglasses
- List activities volunteers can do nearby? Are there places of interest to visit?
- What extra services are provided? WiFi, bicycles, etc.?
There are 2 bikes and we will try to organise activities regularly.
There is no WiFi but internet via cellular network.
- Rules or specifics of the farm, for example, no smoking, dry toilets, or if the farm is very remote?
Because of the hot/dry climate fire (smoking) is not allowed in the summer, due to forest fires. We have dry toilets. The farm is remote it takes 15 min by car off-road or 30 min by bike to get to the nearest bus station, but that makes the place magical :D.
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. that's what it is all about.
When can you visit this host?