We are very happy and honoured to pronounce that we have found a wonderful and enthusiastic team fort he first phase of our project, starting this autumn/winter.
But we are just starting! And we will soon start to create a team (3-4 people) to start in mid January for a period of min. 2 months. If your are interested and available for that period, please contact me!
I will be able to reply only from the 1st of November on! So be patient for an answer please!
Thank you and have a great day! Love, Abby
Long stay-workers wanted on a new organic fruit and vegetable farm in the Azores!
We are an international group of health food enthusiasts, located in the Azores, on the island Terceira.
Queen Bee Azores owns 4 ha of beautiful and fertile fields on which we are planning to grow a variety of fruits and vegetables. The fields are organically certified.
The produce is cutted, dehydrated and packed in our own small-scale factory in order to share the healthy, dehydrated snacks with the rest of the world.
In November/December this year (2017) we are starting to sow cover crops, plant natural wind breakers and build natural terraces (on the hilly parts). In the beginning of 2018 the focus will be more on the sowing, planting and maintaining of the vegetable fields.
And as you can imagine, this requires some strong, healthy, happy hands to work at!
So, this is where you come in our story 🙂
What we ask:
- 2 or 3 Enthusiastic and motivated men (and/or woman), that are not made of sugar and can resist the Azorean weather (we have literally 4 seasons in 1 day)
- A minimum commitment of 2 months (starting in November / December)
- We are looking for people that have an affinity with healthy food. Experience is not required, although a good portion of responsibility, independence, tidiness, and cleanliness is valued
What you get:
- A private bedroom in a spacious and entirely furnished house with ocean view on 5 min. Drive (15 min walk) to the fields (to share with 1 or 2 other volunteers that work on the same project) - couples are welcome.
- The house and fields are located in Angra do Heroísmo, the main town of the island. The house is about 4.5 km from the center of Angra. You can walk to the center or use public transport (runs 3 times a day).
- Guidance from a very inspiring, successful and experienced organic farmer during your work in the fields.
- A wonderful experience to live on a Volcanic island in the middle of the Atlantic where you can enjoy your free time by hiking, watching whales, swim with dolphins, natural swimming pools, breathtaking nature, sea kayaking and jeep tours.
- Terceira is known for its cultural richness, one of its cities is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Terceira has many traditional festivities throughout the year. The inhabitants of the island are warm and welcoming people. * Visit the website of the Azores for more information: http://www.visitazores.com/en/the-azores/the-9-islands/the-archipelago/g...
When you are interested and are available for at least 2 months starting this winter, please send us an email!
Hope to see you soon.
Team Queen Bee Azores
When can you visit Queen Bee Azores?