We are building a mud house and need help hands.
We live on an organic farm and build our own base.
Apart from us there are 8 other people, 3 goats, 3 sheep, cats and dogs on this farm, which take care of the whole farm.
If you have experience in clay construction and have short-term time and desire to support us, then write to us ..
In order to do everything, we need of course numerous helpers who support us.
Information by PM
=================== Projects ===================
=== Garden ===
- Create residential space
- House construction
-Construction of an watering system
- Planting new plants
- Watering the garden
- Picking vegetables/fruits (on the right time!)
- Building the Green House
=== Jams and Conserves ===
During the summer we should find new and good ways to preserve our vegetables and fruits. We can freeze them, make jams, pickles and sauces. It’s a very important task that needs to be executed perfectly. If the jars aren’t well washed and sterilized all your work goes to the waist!
* * * Working time * * *
This can be different from volunteer to volunteer. When we need to teach you something you don't know it will take us time, so you will do 4h or 6h depending on how much you can do in that time.
5 days a week, 2 day off. So if you are not afraid of getting your hands dirty we would love to hear from you! You don't need to have any special skills, but you might leave with some :)
****** Minimum Stay 2 Weeks *********
* * * Rules for your stay * * *
- When you arrive at the project the first thing you should do it’s to read our rules’ book. It’s just some pages about our habits and our concerns – since you’ll be part of our house and our life is very important to us, that you can understand and respect the way we live. If you want to know everything in advance.
- At the moment we use the sun to heat up our shower water that is from our own mine, but still we have to save to use it to water the plants in the summer!
- To cook we use fire and a rocket stof.
- We need responsible wwoofers that are proactive and autonomous! We try often to have meetings and clarify all the tasks that you can do. Then you should feel free to do what you think it’s the most important tasks! That means that we need creative, honest and committed people to work with us!
- The characteristic that we give the most value is the ability of using your own head to find solutions and to improve yourself and the place where you are. So please consider this for your decision.
- If you have any doubt, even if you think is a stupid thing: ASK! Ask us. You will always find an answer; and if you ask twice is fine too!! ?
- You need to be truly devoted to the cause – volunteering work - because we're not an hotel, we are a farm where hard work has to be done!
* * * To Bring With You * * *
- Every volunteer must bring their own working boots/shoes, working clothes, some warm clothes because the nights are cooler and swimsuit.
- If you have a special health need, please tell us about that and bring your own medication. If you want to buy it in Portugal, please inform us in advance, because we need to translate/identify the name to find the right one!
- If you have a special food need, please, tell us about that and, if it’s still on our budget we can buy it just for you. If you need to eat caviar every morning, we are sorry but you should bring your own! ?
* * * The wwoofers opinion * * *
You are always free to tell us if anything is wrong and we will not judge you for that. It's better to know what you think than see you unhappy or not motivated!
# # # ABOUT THE PLACE # # #
Our project will be opened soon, we have no houses.
We also have a tent to borrow if you want a different experience
A lake, many gardens, an exhilaration, composttoilette, an exterior kitchen are foreseeable.
- many places to put a tent or sleep outside.
Our project is just 24 km from an important city - Coimbra and 7 km from Miranda do Corvo. There you can visit the University - is one of the oldest in Europe in continuous operation, it was established first in 1290! To get there you have a bus directly from our village (you only have one 3 times per day) or another bus which stops is 4km away, but there are several buses every day. If someone is going in that direction maybe you can get a ride, although the trip by foot is lovely!
There are a lot of other sightseeing's like the ruins from 'Conimbriga' 13 km from us. This is one of the largest settlements of Romans in Portugal. We also have a mountain near by - SERRA DA LOUSÃ - and 24km from us you can find schist villages. You can also go for a hike in nature. We also have a nice river that has very clear water, where you can swim in the Summer - ca. 18 km from us.
««««« If you are interested in more pictures and other information send us an email. »»»»»»
ALL THE INFORMATION TO GET TO THE PROJECT IS IN THE NEXT TOPIC . READ IT CAREFULY AND YOU SEE HOW EASY IS TO GET TO OUR PROJECT.
======== HOW TO GET TO THE PROJECT =======================
If you are looking to came with airplane, we suggest www.skyscanner.com . You will find very cheap flights if you book them with some time in advance.
Once in Portugal you can travel by bus with the company: "REDE EXPRESSOS"
Or you can travel by train, so go to: CP.PT
Prices are pretty similar, but buses are a little cheaper, although trains are faster!
To came to this farm, you need to get to the city COIMBRA, from there you have to go to our village Miranda do Corvo.
You should take a bus, near the railway station in Coimbra-A (if you come by train the main station is Coimbra-B, but is outside the city center, you can take a connection train to Coimbra-A; if you come by Rede Expressos bus company is 15 minutes walk). The following link shows the place where you should take the bus in to our village:
The bus company name varies, but in the front window next to the driver, you have a sign saying "Miranda do Corvo". If you are in Miranda, contact us and we will help you find us.
When can you visit Quinta do Vale?